Thursday, October 18, 2007

doctor's orders

Being forced to stay at home is a drag. My doctor thinks I need the rest to solve the stomach aches that have been haunting me since late August. I've chosen to simply obey her and try to make to best out of it.
A positive side of having all this time on my hands: getting the chance to listen to lots and lots of music. In Rainbows, a selfmade Simon and Garfunkel compilation and Robert Wyatt's Ruth is stranger than Richard are among the current favorites.
I'm also deeply impressed by Wouter van Veldhoven's Ruststukken on Belgian Slaapwel Records, 'a small record label specialized in music to fall asleep to'. It's a charming concept for which WJP's brother has made an almost perfect soundtrack. Almost, there's too much happening to actually fall asleep listening. But beautiful it is.
You can get your own copy here.

No comments: