Saturday, December 29, 2007

in retrospect

Was 2007 a good year for Spider James? Some of us have had their ups and downs, that’s for sure. As a band? I’m not so sure. We didn’t do any gigs, like bands are supposed to. Do we care? I can only speak for myself: ‘No. I don’t’. I’m pretty thrilled with most of the stuff we have recorded with Pieter Kloos in Eindhoven. But we’ve not finished, it’s not an album yet. I’m not gonna be satisfied with it if the music is just ‘okay’. It has to be exciting, class A stuff. Why bother releasing it, if it isn’t? Make no mistake: I’m optimistic.
For Spider James it will all come down to the next couple of months, starting next Thursday - January 3th. I’m eager to finish the job. I want us to be proud of the result so we can finally get back to actual playing and working on new, fresh material. There’s lots of it laying around.

No comments: