Friday, March 30, 2007

hully gully

No one is irreplaceable. Always knew that, I guess. Now I know for sure: Missed out on last weekend's band rehearsal and without me there, Spider James was on a roll. No ego damaged here though. As you may have read, the four guys that were there, came up with a great - not to say bloody brilliant - approach for King James. I've played the demo at least six or seven times this week and I love it. It reminds me of New York, of LCD Soundsystem - which isn't strange if you know Ted and Willem were at their Amsterdam concert two weeks ago. It brings back the feeling I had visiting the fairground when I was a kid; the joy of a Hully Gully ride. It also has a little touch of dEUS' What we talk about, but without the melody. There's hardly any melody left in this sucker. It's all groovin'. (Something I'm sure the late Mr. Brown would approve of, Tedski...)
We'll continue our work tomorrow, which will hopefully lead to something worth recording in The Void this May. We'll be without JL and Ted this time around. There's always someone missing.

No comments: