Thursday, July 5, 2007

stage fright

Seeing !!! performing a brilliant set in Doornroosje last Tuesday was great. It made me want to get on stage as soon as possible and rock the house. I'm not the biggest fan of playing live, to be honest. Don't get me wrong: It can be magic. More often it's quite boring, which is what bands often are to me. It can also be frightening and nerve wrecking. I've found out throught the years (being in bands for fifteen years now) you have to be at ease with your music and yourself when you're standing in front of an audience. Being on stage can be pretty uncomfortable if you're insecure. Practice makes perfect and so we have to get on stage more. With the album coming up, I'm actually looking forward to krautrocking our way through a fifteen minutes rendition of 'King James', or making the people move on 'The Charm'. We've got the material, we'll have to work on the attitude now.