Wednesday, December 27, 2006

jahresuberblick (3)

Today I’ll finish my round up of my favorite music of 2006. I’m off to Vienna tonight with my lovely girlfriend, we’ll be spending New Years Eve there and will not return before January 2nd. Of course we'll take some music with us. I'll surely be listening to Booka Shade’s Movements, Jan Jelinek’s Tierbeobachtungen, Nathan Fake’s sublime Drowning in a sea of love and the fascinating Return to cookie mountain by TV on the Radio; I know Ted loves Cookie mountain too. Phoenix’ It’s never been like that is also a popular album in the Spider James ranks; something I don’t really understand. We do agree on Beck’s latest album, The information; it's so much better than Guero. I think I’m in love is my song of the year. Perfect pop, folks. Check out Beck’s website by the way, it’s totally amazing! Of course nothing can beat The Beatles. Hearing Love for the first time almost made me cry. Hail Sir George Martin. I still haven’t listened to Joanna Newsom last album, which is supposed to be wonderful. I’ll make up for it as soon as possible. For now, I wish u all a very happy New Year!

No comments: